Many of you may have heard of Cvent, a cloud-based enterprise event management platform with nearly 1,600 customers and 2,000 employees worldwide. They recently hosted a luncheon at ON24 in Hartford (one of their 900 meetings across the country) to discuss the event industry and how Cvent’s technology solutions are helping to re-shape it. For those who weren’t able to attend, here are some “CliffNotes” on the meeting. If you’re like me, there are so many online software platforms for events that it can get confusing. Hope this can clarify what Cvent is all about. Since Event Resources is not in the software business, this is not a product endorsement, but rather an overview of their presentation.
According to their research only 46% of planners use event management software, and 60% still heavily rely on manual processes (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Cvent’s event registration platform has three event registration packages (Enterprise, Premium and Express), with the more basic registration option being Cvent Express. There is so much customization and personalization that goes into the services they provide (event registration, mobile app, onsite solutions, venue sourcing) to cover a variety of industries/events. As for pricing, they prefer to learn about the specific event someone is hosting and the needs for their meetings and events before providing a quote.
So what is Cvent all about?
According to their website, Cvent is a leader in event management and marketing, online event registration, venue sourcing, and mobile event app technology – with over 166,000+ active system users. Their event planning platform features include:
- Payment Processing
- Budget Management
- Onsite Solutions
- Reporting (70 Standard Reports)
- Mobile Friendly integrations
- Custom Event websites
- Email Marketing
- Contact Management
- Housing, Travel and Procurement
- Membership management
- Consistent workflows
- Salesforce, WebEx, Marketo, Eloqua integrations
For the event organizing activities that occur during the event, Cvent has introduced these on-site solutions to assist in managing and engaging attendees:
- Event-in-a Box: Provides event planners all the hardware and supplies they need to set up and run an event. Planners can easily set up the system to check in attendees quickly and print name badges on-demand.
- OnArrival & OnArrival Premium: Enables event planners to make a strong first impression with attendees on-site through an efficient check-in and registration app that can print badges on-demand and securely collect payments. In addition, OnArrival Premium provides unobtrusive session attendance tracking utilizing RF technology so planners are able to capture attendance information at conferences and events.
- LeadCapture: Allows exhibitors to manage their lead flow and measure the impact of their participation at many conferences and tradeshows. Custom qualification surveys, scanning, and real-time access to lead data fuel a powerful solution that allows exhibitors to connect with prospective buyers.
- CrowdCompass by Cvent: Delivers a smarter event experience through attendees’ mobile devices that increases engagement and provides a strong return on investment. These mobile event apps integrate seamlessly into Cvent’s event management platform and include features such as personalized schedules, gamification, social media integration, and in-app polling that transform events into experiences.
- Inquisium by Cvent: Provides survey programs that produce reliable insights for smart decision making. This feedback management platform allows event organizers to truly understand the view of attendees after the event has concluded, providing event insights and a closed-loop functionality for follow-up tasks.
As you can see, there are a number of solutions you can implement at your next event.
For more information on Cvent, please go to cvent.com
About Cvent Inc.
Cvent, Inc. (NYSE: CVT) is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management company, with approximately 16,000 customers and 2,000 employees worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase group business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit www.cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.